RM Auctions offers challenging careers to individuals ready to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and team-oriented environment. Professionalism, enthusiasm for vintage automobiles, and the flexibility to work as part of an international team are qualities that top our list of requirements. Resumes and inquiries are welcome. Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com or via postal mail to:
RM Auctions Inc.
One Classic Car Drive
Blenheim, ON N0P 1A0.
Position Title: Financial Analyst
RM Auctions, the world's largest auction house for investment-quality automobiles, is currently looking for a Financial Analyst to join our corporate finance team. The preferred candidate will have professional experience providing finance support within a mid-sized corporate setting. Desired experience includes areas such as; financial modeling, financial analysis, budgeting and forecasting.
- The Financial Analyst develops financial models and reporting to support decision making in key business areas including revenue, pricing, and profit margin analysis. Prepares and analyzes the monthly financial statements and reports to produce forecasts of business, industry and/or economic conditions for use in making sound business decisions. Analyzes and reports on the financial impact of current and proposed initiatives. Owns the development of the annual budget and analyzes actual and budgeted figures on an ongoing basis. Assists in driving change as needed to improve the financial position of the organization. Builds analytical tools to gain efficiencies in financial modeling as required. Provides guidance and feedback to Operations and Sales in relation to financial results.
- Develops and maintains financial models to support management decision-making related to revenue analysis, profit margin analysis, new business development, auction analysis, profitability of new opportunities, and capital investments. Defines financial requirements for new services and features. Analyzes and summarizes the companyâ€™s financial statements, expenses, and records. Develops recommendations for management decision-making.
- Owns the development of the annual budget and analyzes actual and budgeted figures on an ongoing basis. Creates and maintains detailed budgeting templates.
- Assists in the development of the long-range financial plans and continuously analyzes operating financial results. Works closely with other departments within RM Auctions to ensure that strategic initiatives are achieved.
- Reviews monthly financial operating results for the business and auctions, identifying key trends, variances, and areas of improved performance.
- Provides information and assistance to management regarding expenditures, purchases and other costs of doing business.
- Performs ad hoc analysis and forecasts for internal management team and external clients.
- Provides guidance to accountants and accounting department on financial modeling, data extraction techniques, budgetary considerations, and recommends best practices on pulling and refining data.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 3 years of experience in an analytical role in finance, accounting, business management, quantitative analysis or economics.
- Experience with financial analysis, financial modeling, profitability analysis and/or auditing techniques.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting aggressive deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Knowledge of the link between analysis and business impact.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with CRM systems and a professional designation preferred.