Consigning with RM
Why Consign with RM?As the global leader in the collector car auction industry, RM is best positioned to reach a worldwide market of elite collectors who have personal relationships with our international team of specialists. Consigning with RM offers many unique benefits:
- The industry´s most experienced team of knowledgeable car specialists
- Solid track record of results, including many world records and an average sell-through rate of over 90%
- A diverse and international calendar of annual auction events
- Competitive auction fees and tailored commission structures
- Prolific, comprehensive, and targeted promotional campaigns
- Concierge-style client services
How to ConsignThe consignment process at RM Auctions is designed with you-our client-in mind.
Contact a Car Specialist
Step 1: Contact an RM Car Specialist
RM Auctions´ dedicated team of Car Specialists is the best in the industry. Located around the world, we offer services in a number of different languages. Each specialist is fully immersed in the collector car hobby with the passion, knowledge, and experience needed to successfully market your automobile to an international network of buyers.
Step 2: Talk about the Specifics
The discussion with a Car Specialist will include:
- The specifics of your car in order to arrive at a reasonable market value and, should you choose, a reserve price;
- What auction venue (as we have many) will be the best fit for you and your automobile(s); and
- The information you will need to provide us with to properly market your automobile(s). This usually includes a detailed description of the car´s conditions, provenance, racing and/or award history, and a briefing on any restoration or modification the car has undergone.
Step 3: Complete a Consignment Package
Before you sell with RM Auctions you must sign a seller´s agreement. All sales with RM Auctions are subject to our terms and conditions. Your Car Specialist and/or our Admin team can answer any questions regarding these conditions. Please note that a clear, transferable title must be provided at this time.
Step 4: World-Class Marketing
Once you have remitted your entry fee, our Cataloguing Department will contact you to discuss the research and photography arrangements for your automobile(s). RM´s industry-leading catalogues are detailed, extensively researched, and beautifully photographed in order to showcase your consignments to their fullest potential.
Step 5: Experience the Results!
As a consignor, your presence at the sale is encouraged and welcomed, and you will be provided with complimentary admission and bidder registration at the event. We also offer preferred rates at hotels that we share with our clients. Our Client Services Department also often coordinates VIP tours and activities exclusively for RM clients. Once the auction is over and a successful bidder has purchased your automobile(s), you will receive a check or wire transfer within 20 business days of receipt of payment from the buyer.
We look forward to establishing a long-lasting relationship with you and sharing our passion for this exciting hobby.
Checkout our seller FAQ for more information.